Skip Navigation

This table is used for column layout.
Village Resources
        Add/Remove/Update Your Contact Information
Municipal Court FAQ
Your question is not here? Please let us know

Can I pay the fine in advance of the court date set forth on the summons?
Yes, in most cases you can avoid a court appearance by paying the fine before the court date set forth on the summons.

If I represent myself can I discuss my case directly with the prosecutor before the case is heard before the judge?
Upon arriving at the Municipal Court you should identify the prosecutor as soon as possible and wait your turn in line in order to discuss your case with him or her. Village Justice Court

Can I plead “not guilty” in advance of my first court date?
If you intend to plead “not guilty” then you should contact the court before the court appearance date indicated on the summons and your first appearance may not be necessary.

Can I be represented by a public defender?
Yes. In order to have a public defender assigned to your case you must first satisfy the criteria established by the Income Eligibility Guidelines and the potential penalties for the offense(s) for which you are charged must include the possibility of incarceration, a significant fine or the loss of your driving privileges.

How can I pay my fine?
You may pay a fine with cash, check or money order.

Can I make payments?
You will be expected to pay the full balance of your fine on the day the judge determines your penalty. Under certain limited circumstances the judge may approve a payment plan but you will have to demonstrate a compelling inability to pay the fine in full.

What if I fail to make payments?
The Municipal Court Office will request that the judge issue a bench warrant for your arrest if you fail to make payments.

Why did the judge not mention points being assessed against my driver’s license?
Points are assessed by the Division of Motor Vehicles not the Municipal Court Judge.

Can I contest a parking or traffic ticket?
Yes. If the Ticket was issued in the Village of Roslyn, you may plead "Not Guilty." The Village Prosecutor and Village Justice will hear your argument and make a determination.

1200 Old Northern Blvd. Roslyn, NY 11576
Phone: 516-621-1961 - Fax: 516-621-2171